[Merchandise] New APMEX collectible coins
APMEX have made a deal with Konami to produce collectible coins minted in gold and silver for the 25th Anniversary of Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Gold Yu-Gi-Oh! Game Flip Coin (reverse side of the top image)
- Crafted from 1 ounce (~28.35 grams) of 0.9999 fine gold
- 39mm/1.53 inch diameter
- Features Yami Yugi and the seven Millennium Items on obverse face
- Features Yu-Gi-Oh! logo and public seal of Niue on reverse face
- Only 125 have been minted
- Price isn’t straightforward; these cost $200 USD more than the spot price for 1 ounce of gold. At time of writing, it was $2129.30 USD on APMEX’s website; this will differ from the price in the source.
- Both Yu-Gi-Oh! News and ravegirl brought up that these coins can be used as legal tender in Niue. Niue’s official currency is the New Zealand Dollar, so given I am from New Zealand myself, this coin would be $3132.78 NZD at the time of writing.
- Antique Silver Yu-Gi-Oh! Game Flip Coin
- Same design as the Gold Flip Coin
- Minted with 1 ounce of 0.9999 fine silver
- Only 525 have been minted
- $79.99 USD/$117.69 NZD
- Regular Silver Yu-Gi-Oh! Game Flip Coin
- 25,000 worldwide
- Can be purchased sealed in the tamper-resistant case shown above or loose in plastic coin capsules
- Price varies depending on purchase and spot price of silver:
- Sealed coins available for preorder for $10.99 USD over spot (currently around $35.99 USD/$52.95 NZD)
- Loose coins available now for $7.99 USD over spot (currently around $32.99 USD/$48.54 NZD)
These colourised silver coins featuring Yami Yugi and Dark Magician have also been advertised both separately and apart, but are currently listed as out of stock on AMPEX’s website.