They’ve been waiting for another chance to invade after their failed attempts to seize the world of monsters during the Crimson Crisis and the rising Power of the Duelist, but now they’ve been waiting in the dark of the moon and are ready to strike terror once again…
It’s the Aliens!
The Deck List:
3 Alien Shocktrooper
3 Alien Ammonite
3 Alien Dog
2 Alien Kid
1 Alien Overlord
3 Alien Warrior
2 Rescue Rabbit
3 Code A Ancient Ruins
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
2 Messenger of Peace
1 Monster Reborn
1 Mysterious Triangle
1 Call of the Haunted
2 Fiendish Chain
2 Mass Hypnosis
1 Memory of an Adversary
2 Planet Pollutant Virus
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Starlight Road
2 Cosmic Fortress Gol’gar
1 Stardust Dragon
1 King of the Feral Imps
So how does this Deck work? By controlling the field and limiting your opponent’s options by using A-Counters and reusing your Continuous Spells and Traps.
The heart of the Deck is the oldie, Cosmic Fotress Gol’gar, who returns those used up Continuous Spells and Traps, to spread A-Counters on the field. One of the best places to put those counters is right on Gol’gar itself. From there, you can remove 2 A-Counters to destroy any card your opponent control.
Fiendish Chain denies monster effects, usually ones that enable Xyz Summoning, or the effects of the big burly Xyz that comes out. Mass Hypnosis lets you do Big Eye shenanigans to your opponent, though it’s a trap and dies the turn it activates, so you’re going to need to use this card very very carefully.
Code A Ancient Ruins may look like a bad choice, but the thing to note is it revives any Alien monster. And it can draw right from the huge bunker of A-Counters you’ve been depositing with Gol’gar and Overlord. Planet Pollutant Virus works a lot like how Deck Devastation Virus is used: Mostly to control your opponent summons and to get rid of eyesores that you haven’t buried in the rest of your combos.
As to Memory of an Adversary: Do try it, it’s a heavily underrated card. The burn damage seems costly, but most times you’d use it, you’d be taking damage anyways, so why not turn that damage to your benefit?
The Aliens are an extremely fun Deck that require a lot of pre-planning and good choices, but they will reward you heavily if you play your cards right. Will you take the voyage into the Otherworld of the A Zone?
Some Cards to consider with this Deck:
● Kagetokage: You have Shocktrooper, Warrior and Kid to enable it. King of the Feral Imps can search it out.
● Swords of Revealing Light: Similar to Messenger of Peace, this card can be reused with Gol’gar to create a permanent attack blocker.
● Big Bang Shot: Gol’gar works with this card in a fashion similar to Mist Valley Falcon, you equip it to an opponent’s monster, bounce it to spread A-Counters, and you get rid of an opponent monster.
● Ancient Forest: By reusing it, you can keep pushing your opponent into face-up Attack Position to attack in battle and prevent unsightly face-down Defense Position monsters, that you’ll probably be seeing a lot more of soon.
● Deck Lockdown: With Dragon Rulers and Spellbooks dealing so heavily in searching, this card can be a godsend, especially with the fact you can reuse it. Outside of King of the Feral Imps, you’re not doing a lot of searching, so this typically doesn’t hurt you as much as it will your opponent. It can also punish an Ophion reliant Evilswarm Deck for trying to grab Infestation Pandemic.