A word on card Eratta from some of our Dusks. Credit to Noah Card and Jackson Casanova
Hey there Judges and Player alike. With the recent release of Battles of Legend – Light’s Revenge we have a whole host of reprints and with reprinted comes updated text. I’ve compiled a list of the important changes.
First things first a whole host of cards now have PSCT, I wont list them all but you can see all the changed in the Document at the bottom of the post. Now as we are entering the era of VRAINS it seems we’re getting some new text formatting to go alongside it. Lets take a look.
1) Graveyard has been changed to GY in all instances used in this pack. (Jackson’s Note: this goes hand in hand with the change from Life Points to LP a while ago).
2) (Quick Effect) is now being used on Monsters with Quick Effects this is seemingly replacing “Either players X” and (This is a quick effect) text. (Jackson’s Note: hopefully this will go a long way to reducing confusion between trigger effects like Magicians Rod and Quick Effects like the True-Draco’s as more things get reprinted)
3) Several cards have changed to say Spell/Trap instead of “Spell/Trap Card” with a few exceptions like Denko Sekka which still used one of each?
4) This is a fun one. The text “Cannot be Special Summoned by other ways” doesn’t appear to be in use anymore, this change is seen on cards like Wulf, Judgement Dragon and the Infernoids. (Jackson’s Note: this is a really interesting change as now the big difference between identifying cards that can be summoned again from the graveyard ect and those that cannot is “Must be Summoned” vs “Must First be Summoned”
5) The text “X-Type” is being changed to just X, So cards that used to say “Dragon-Type Monster now just says Dragon Monster. This also applies to “Tuner Monster” becoming “Tuner” on some cards
6) The use of “or more” in Monster Recipes has now been replaced with a + sign instead. So Trishula, Dragon of the ice Barrier now reads “1 Tuner + 2+ non-Tuner monsters” (Jackson’s Note: Not sure how I feel about this one, having multiple + signs meaning different things might be a bit clunky but time will tell)
7) Xyz Material is being changed to just material on several cards however a few such as Bujintei Tsukuyomi still use XYZ material (Jackson’s Note: looking at the individual cards it appears that they use Material when it’s impossible to confuse what they mean and revert back to using XYZ Material when they need to reference them from another perspective. Interesting note and something to keep an eye on as we move forward.)
8) “Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card” was changed to “Transfer its materials to this card,” (Jackson’s Note: I’m a huge fan of this one as it cuts out a large portion of superfluous text.)
9) Along with these new updates we have several cards being updated to current text standards such as mandatory effects are being changed from When to If following changes we’ve seen in the past. And some of the lightsworn monsters changing to “once per turn during the end phase” to match the more recently reprinted ones.
Next we have a couple functional changes.
Witch of the Black Forest now reads:
If this card is sent from the field to the GY: Add 1 monster with 1500 or less DEF from your Deck to your hand, but you cannot activate cards, or the effects of cards, with that name for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of “Witch of the Black Forest” once per turn.
When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Add 1 monster with 1500 or less DEF from your Deck to your hand.
And “Vision HERO Adoration” has received the change from “until the End Phase” to “Until the End of the Turn” matching the way previous effects have been updated.
And lastly there’s two changes I specifically want to bring to everyone’s attention.
Psy-Framelord Omega and Anti-Spell Fragrance both received text clarifications to clarify beyond doubt how a couple interactions work.
Omega now states “both this face-up card from the field and 1 random card from your opponent’s hand,” instead of “You can banish this card from the field and 1 random card from your opponent’s hand, face-up” This is clarifying that if Omega is Flipped Face-Down it will not banish anything.
Anti-Spell now states “until their next turn after Setting them” instead of just “until their next turn.” Which clarifies that it can only affect cards set while its effect is applying and not cards set before hand.
For a full list of changes you can open the spoiler below.
And as always remember to check the Database for the latest card text, you never know when something might get Restored….. uh.. Updated