An Xyz for the new theme, Cyber Angel support, and something that insists it’s good for Shaddolls.
Edit: The card name for the Shaddoll Trap has updated due to realizing complicated religious motifs.
4 Level 4 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon “Juunishishi Drancia” by using 1 “Juunishishi” monster you control with a different name as the Xyz Material once per turn. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.)
(1) This card gains ATK and DEF equal to the ATK and DEF of each “Juunishishi” monster attached to it as an Xyz Material.
(2) Once per turn, during either player’s turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy it.
We will be avoiding a name for these cards until closer to release.
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by tributing a Warrior-Type or Fairy-Type monster in your hand or that you control.
(2) If this card is tributed for a Ritual Summon: you can target 1 Ritual Spell Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.
魂源への影劫回帰(プルシャドール・アイオーン) Purusha Shaddoll Aion
Normal Trap Card
(1) Target 1 “Shaddoll” monster you control; send 1 “Shaddoll” card from your hand to the Graveyard, and if you do, that monster gains 1000 ATK and DEF, but it is changed to face-down Defense Position during the End Phase.
Note: The card’s name refers to Purusha, the unchangeable spiritual nature of the universe, the universal constant of reality that isn’t mutable.
Secondly the Aion part of its name refers to the Greek Word “Aion” which has evolved into Aeon. It means eternity, time or age, it can also refer to the Greek deity Aion or the Gnostic concept of Aion.
As well the name itself, Kanji wise is basically saying “Eternal return of shadows to the source of souls”.
So there’s a lot of complicated philosophical stuff going on here, but it ultimately ties back to the epitaph from Duelist Set Lightning Returner, reading:
“Time Considered as a Helix of Astrological Stones“