Can Rulkallos negate I:P? It seems we finally have a ruling, along with several more important updates and precedents.
Q: Necrovalley is face-up in the opponent’s Field Zone, and its effect is applying. In this situation, can I Special Summon Infernoid Onuncu by the method written in its text?
A: The Special Summoning procedures written in the text of Special Summon-only monsters do not Special Summon them by a card effect (they are not “effects that would move a card in the GY to a different place”), so Infernoid Onuncu can Special Summon itself.
However, in this situation, the effect of Necrovalley prevents players from banishing cards from the Graveyard. This effect prevents you from banishing cards from the Graveyard, regardless of whether or not they are banished by a card effect. Therefore, when Special Summoning Infernoid Onuncu, you must banish 3 “Infernoid” monsters from your hand.
The same applies to the following cards, whose Special Summoning method written at the beginning of their card text is not treated as a monster effect:
– Block Dragon
– Dystopia the Despondent
– Evil★Twins Ki-sikil & Lil-la
– Infernoid Attondel
– Infernoid Devyaty
– Infernoid Piaty
– Infernoid Seitsemas
– Infernoid Sjet
– The Bystial Alba Los
– The Bystial Lubellion
– Tree Crown Armorperor Beagram
Q: My Ojama Knight is in the Extra Monster Zone, and its effect that prevents 2 of my opponent’s Monster Zones from being used is applying. Afterward, if my opponent activates Skill Drain, what happens to the effect of Ojama Knight?
A: The effect of Ojama Knight is a Continuous Effect, so if the effect of Skill Drain is applied and monster effects are negated, the effect of Ojama Knight is not applied. Furthermore, if the selected zones are not made unusable afterward, they can be used again.
Also, if Ojama Knight is Special Summoned while the effect of Skill Drain is already applying, you will not choose any of your opponent’s Monster Zones. But if its effects are no longer negated afterward, you will then choose up to 2 of your opponent’s unused Monster Zones and they become unusable.
The same applies to the following cards:
– Iron Dragon Tiamaton
– Ojama King
Q: Can I target a monster with 0 ATK with the second effect of Code Radiator?
A: Monsters with 0 ATK can be targeted as long as their effects can be negated. Monsters whose effects can be negated mainly refer to Effect Monsters whose effects are not already negated. Furthermore, Effect Monsters such as Gemini Monsters treated as Normal Monsters by their effects are also included.
Q: If the effects of Mythical Beast Jackal King are negated while it has Spell Counters, what happens to the Spell Counters?
A: If the effects of Mythical Beast Jackal King are negated, it cannot have any Spell Counters on it, so all Spell Counters on it are removed.
Whether or not counters on cards are removed when their effects are negated depends on the type of counter. The following counters are counters that are removed when the effects of the card holding them are negated, similar to Spell Counters (the card names are examples of cards that can place these counters):
– counter (Cauldron of the Old Man, Firewall Dragon Darkfluid, etc. Exception: Magic Reflector)
– Acorn Counter (Rodenut)
– Athlete Counter (F.A. Shining Star GT)
– Balloon Counter (Wonder Balloons)
– Black Feather Counter (Black-Winged Assault Dragon)
– Borrel Counter (Borreload Savage Dragon)
– Bushido Counter (Gateway of the Six)
– Chaos Counter (Chaos Space)
– Chronicle Counter (Spell Chronicle)
– Clock Counter (Clock Tower Prison)
– Crystal Counter (Crystal Tree)
– D Counter (D – Formation)
– Defect Counter (Defect Compiler)
– Destiny Counter (Number 88: Gimmick Puppet of Leo)
– Dragonic Counter (Dragonic Guard)
– Emperor’s Key Counter (The Deal of Destiny)
– Fire Fist Counter (Fire Fortress atop Liang Peak)
– Flower Counter (The World Tree)
– Gate Counter (Spacegate)
– Genex Counter (Genex Ally Bellflame)
– GG Counter (G Golem Crystal Heart)
– Greed Counter (Shard of Greed)
– Hi-Five the Sky Counter (Onomatopia)
– Junk Counter (Machine Assembly Line)
– Kaiju Counter (Kyoutou Waterfront)
– Karakuri Counter (Karakuri Anatomy)
– Morph Counter (Gadget Box)
– Ocean Counter (The Dragon Dwelling in the Deep)
– Otoshidamashi Counter (Otoshidamashi)
– Payback Counter (Double Payback)
– Performage Counter (Performage Hat Tricker)
– Phantasm Counter (Chaos Core)
– Piece Counter (Shining Piecephilia)
– Plant Counter (Seed Cannon)
– Psychic Counter (Brain Research Lab)
– Pumpkin Counter (Pumprincess the Princess of Ghosts)
– Rising Sun Counter (Rising Sun Slash)
– Shark Counter (Shark Caesar)
– Shine Counter (Realm of Light)
– Spellstone Counter (Powersink Stone)
– Summon Counter (Summon Over)
– Symphonic Counter (Symph Amplifire)
– Thunder Counter (Raigeki Bottle)
– Worm Counter (Worm Gulse)
– Yosen Counter (Yosen Training Grounds)
– You Got It Boss! Counter (Orbital 7)
Q: If the effects of Cloudian – Acid Cloud are negated while it has Fog Counters, what happens to the Fog Counters?
A: Even if the effects of Cloudian – Acid Cloud are negated, the Fog Counters on it are not removed. This is true whether the Fog Counters were placed on it by its own effect or another card’s effect.
Whether or not counters on cards are removed when their effects are negated depends on the type of counter. The following counters are counters that are not removed when the effects of the card holding them are negated, similar to Fog Counters (the card names are examples of cards that can place these counters):
– A-Counter (“A” Cell Breeding Device)
– Burnup Counter (Aeropixthree)
– Cubic Counter (Vijam the Cubic Seed)
– Guard Counter (Card Guard)
– Hallucination Counters (Number 2: Ninja Shadow Mosquito)
– Ice Counter (Cold Enchanter)
– Patrol Counter (Beat Cop from the Underworld)
– Predator Counter (Predaplant Dragostapelia)
– Scale Counter (Corrosive Scales)
– Signal Counter (Signal Warrior)
– String Counter (Number 40: Gimmick Puppet of Strings)
– Venemy Counter (Starving Venemy Lethal Dose Dragon)
– Venom Counter (Venom Serpent)
– Wedge Counter (Blackwing Armor Master)
Q: During the turn Legendary Knight Hermos is Special Summoned, if I activate its effect and gain the name/effects of another Legendary Knight Hermos, can I apply the gained effects?
A: You can target another Legendary Knight Hermos in your Graveyard with the effect Legendary Knight Hermos, and gain its name/effects. In that case, since it already had the name and effects of Legendary Knight Hermos, the same effect cannot be activated again when it is targeted for an attack.
The same applies to the following cards:
– Elemental HERO Divine Neos
– Neo-Spacian Dark Panther
– Number 69: Heraldry Crest
– Number 8: Heraldic King Genom-Heritage
– Number C69: Heraldry Crest of Horror
– Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon
– One-Eyed Skill Gainer
– Phantom of Chaos
– Pseudo Space
– Starving Venom Fusion Dragon
– Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom
Q: Skill Drain is face-up in the opponent’s Spell & Trap Zone, and its effect is applying. In this situation, if I Special Summon Wandering King Wildwind by applying its effect, can I Special Summon monsters other than Synchro Monsters from the Extra Deck this turn?
A: That effect is not negated. (You can only Special Summon Synchro Monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of the turn.)
The effect of Wandering King Wildwind that Special Summons itself is not an effect that applies on the field. Therefore, even if you Special Summon it using its own effect while the effect of Skill Drain is applying, the part of the effect “you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, except Synchro Monsters” is still applied.
The same applies to the following monsters Special Summoned by their own effects:
– Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit
– Performage Stilts Launcher
– Silent Angler
Q: I activate Big Welcome Labrynth while the only monster I control is a Link Summoned Traptrix Sera. After Special Summoning a Lady Labrynth of the Silver Castle with the effect of Big Welcome Labrynth, can I choose Traptrix Sera, which is unaffected by Trap effects, as the monster to return to the hand?
A: Yes, you can. In that case, since Traptrix Sera is unaffected by Trap effects, it remains on the field, and Big Welcome Labrynth finishes resolving.
Q: Can the effect of Tearlaments Rulkallos be chained to the activation of Urgent Tuning?
A: Yes, it can. (The effect of Urgent Tuning is treated as one that includes the Special Summon of a monster.)
The following effects are also considered effects that include the Special Summon of a monster, just like Urgent Tuning:
– Exosister Returnia
– Wonder Xyz
– World Legacy Awakens
– First effect of Crystron Quandax
– First effect of I:P Masquerena
– First effect of Superheavy Samurai Fist
– First effect of Unchained Soul of Anguish
– First effect of Unchained Soul of Rage
– Second effect of Accel Synchron
– Second effect of Formula Synchron
– Second effect of Garden Rose Flora
– Second effect of Shooting Riser Dragon
– Second effect of Unchained Soul of Disaster
Q: If a monster with the following effects is destroyed and subsequently banished by the effect of Delusion Trap Hole, can its effects be activated?
1. Its effect that activates if it leaves the field (such as the effect of Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon).
2. Its effect that activates if it is sent to the Graveyard (such as the effect of El Shaddoll Construct).
3. Its effect that activates if it is destroyed (such as the effect of The Dark Magicians).
A: None of their effects can be activated.
Regarding the effects of Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon and The Dark Magicians: If the first place they move to when they leave the field is the Graveyard, their effects can only be activated in the Graveyard, and they must remain in the Graveyard until the timing of their effect’s activation. In these scenarios, those monsters are destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, but then banished afterward, so their effects cannot be activated.
Regarding the effect of El Shaddoll Construct: It is an effect that can be activated in the Graveyard when El Shaddoll Construct is sent to the Graveyard, and it also needs to remain in the Graveyard until the timing of its effect’s activation. Therefore, if it is banished immediately after it is sent to the Graveyard, its effect cannot be activated.
The following monsters also have effects that fall under the above categories, and the same applies to them if they are destroyed and subsequently banished by the effect of Delusion Trap Hole:
– Bystial Druiswurm
– Dinomorphia Kentregina
– Dinomorphia Rexterm
– El Shaddoll Apkallone
– El Shaddoll Shekhinaga
– Elemental HERO Absolute Zero
– Evilswarm Coppelia
– Noh-P.U.N.K. Deer Note
– Tearlaments Kaleido-Heart
– Tearlaments Kitkallos
– Tearlaments Rulkallos
Q: If I activate Traptrix Holetaea in the following situations (A – E), can I apply the effect of Traptrix Cularia that Sets it instead of sending it to the Graveyard?
(A) When it is Special Summoned to the Monster Zone normally.
(B) When the activation of Traptrix Holetaea is negated by the effect of Borreload Savage Dragon, etc.
(C) When the effect of Traptrix Holetaea is negated by the effect of Therion “King” Regulus, etc.
(D) When it becomes impossible to Special Summon Traptrix Holetaea due to the effect of Vanity’s Emptiness, etc.
(E) When I have no more available Main Monster Zones to Special Summon Traptrix Holetaea to, due to the effects of Ojama Trio, Springans Blast!, etc.
A: If the activation of Traptrix Holetaea is successful (not negated) and it is face-up in the Spell & Trap Zone at the time its Chain Link finishes resolving, you can Set it in its Spell & Trap Zone instead of sending it to the Graveyard. You do not need to have resolved the effect of Traptrix Holetaea properly.
(A) When the Chain Link resolves, Traptrix Holetaea is Special Summoned to the Monster Zone. It cannot be Set because it is no longer in the Spell & Trap Zone.
(B) The activation was negated, so it cannot be Set. Traptrix Holetaea is sent to the Graveyard after the entire Chain finishes resolving.
(C) The effect of Traptrix Holetaea is not applied. However, since its activation was not negated and it is still face-up in the Spell & Trap Zone when its Chain Link resolves, it can be Set. (Also, if the effect of Traptrix Cularia is not applied, Traptrix Holetaea is sent to the Graveyard after the entire Chain finishes resolving.)
(D) The effect of Traptrix Holetaea is not applied. However, since its activation was not negated and it is still face-up in the Spell & Trap Zone when its Chain Link resolves, it can be Set. (Also, if the effect of Traptrix Cularia is not applied, Traptrix Holetaea is sent to the Graveyard after the entire Chain finishes resolving.)
(E) Since there are no more available Main Monster Zones that it can be Special Summoned to, Traptrix Holetaea is sent to the Graveyard instead of being Special Summoned. It cannot be Set because it is no longer in its Spell & Trap Zone when its Chain Link finishes resolving.