A major update is coming, likely meant to be the 2.0 Update of Duel Links.
For those not looking at the pictures, let’s go over the overview of what’s going on:
Early September 2017:
- A Duelist Kingdom Event
- You’ll have a chance to get “That character”, allowing you to revisit the story of the series from its beginning.
- As well there’ll be a new ‘system’ in place, presumably of how you Duel.
Mid September 2017:
- A certain character goes on a rampage
- This event will give you exclusive rewards
- The hint for it is “Someone’s in for a Trampling”. Also of note, in the Japanese text, the character in question is using ワイ, “Wai”.
Wai itself is a kinda out of date way of saying I in Kansai-ben, the way of speaking in Osaka/Kyoto-ish areas. Long story short, the one major character notorious for speaking like this in the original Duel Monsters comic/anime is the Japanese version of Rex Raptor. Not a hard confirmation, but it seems more likely than not that Rex Raptor is the focus of this event.
Late September Part 1:
- A mysterious tower appears in the Duel World.
- Inside are never before seen characters using all new sorts of strategies.
Last September Part 2:
- Duel Links gets a major update (likely its 2.0 Update)
- A new world appears
- New characters appear
- New Duel Missions
- And a Log-In Bonus
Early October 2017:
- A Duel-a-thon is going to be held
- Fill up your Duel Meter to get Daily and Cumilative Prizes
Mid October 2017:
- A new character event in Duel Links
- The Hint is: “Dueling me will give you a spook that will put you in your grave!”
Again, not confirmation, but the accompanying Japanese Dialogue seems to heavily reference the Japanese version of the Zombie Duelist Bonz: Ghost Kotsuzuka.