Specifically how this Team YCS Format thing works
- 3 players = 1 team. The team must register at the same time.
- This will be a two-day tournament using Advanced Constructed Decks in the Swiss format.
- Best 2 out of 3 Matches as a team. Two team members winning their Matches will equal a Team Match win. Once two members of a team win their respective Matches, the Duel is over.
- Each individual team member will play their matches independently, best 2 out of 3 Matches.
- There will be no sharing of cards or fields between teammates, each Duelist plays their own opponent. Duelists on the same team can communicate with each other, if it does not significantly slow down the pace of an ongoing Match.
- Swiss Rounds followed by a Single-Elimination Playoff Top Cut. Rounds are dependent on the total number of teams at the time registration closes.
- Time Limit: 45 Minutes per Swiss Round.
For Single Players or Teams short of a Player
- We will have a meeting area on Saturday March 16 at 8:00AM so that teams that have less than 3 members can fill out their team, or single players can find a team to join.
- Starting at 9:30AM we will start taking the people who have not found a team yet and randomly assign them to a team.
- We cannot guarantee that Duelists that do not have a full Team will be assigned Duelists to make a full Team.