Regarding the Different Dimensions Arc.
Credit as always, goes to Master Ghost from NAC. The use of new names for Yuri/Yugo/et al is due to official English Spellings of names revealed on the Japanese website.
Episode 52: The Legendary Grandmaster Returns!!
19th April 2015
Yuya decides, that as a duelist and as a member of the Lancers, that he would save Yuzu at all costs. At the same time, Akaba Reiji’s mother – Akaba Himika announces to the whole city of the cancellation of the Maiami Championship tournament, as well as the fact that invaders from different dimensions do exist. The city is flooded with well wishes for the chosen Lancers. Despite Yuya having made his resolution to fight, his mother Youko, knowing fully well what her son is really thinking, challenges him to a duel.
Script: Kamishiro Tsutomu/Animation Director: Satou Douyuu etc
Episode 53: “Smile World” – A Duel of Smiles
26th April 2015
Through his duel with his mother Youko, Yuya learns of the legacy that his father Yuushou has left behind – that is, a fiery passion towards dueling. Fully determined to battle against the different dimensions, Yuya makes a promise with his mother to save Yuzu and Sora! And then, the day of departure comes. To all the Lancers’ surprise, Reiji announces a completely unexpected destination for this trip!
Script: Kamishiro Tsutomu/Animation Director: Shishikura Toshi
Episode 54: The Synchro Dimension “City”
3rd May 2015
While escaping from Juri in the Battle Royale, Yuzu is unexpectedly teleported to Hugo’s homeland. While the two exchange all the events unfolded so far with each other, they are suddenly chased after by the Security, and get caught in a Riding Duel!
Script: Kamishito Tsutomu/Animation Director: Ebina Hidekazu
Episode 55: Public Safety Coercion – The Duel Chasers
10th May 2015
Script: Hirota Mitsukata/Animation Director: Lee Sung-Jin
Extracts of the interview with Director Ono:
– Season One featured Standard as the background and was a more light-hearted story illustrating the everyday lives of Yuya and co.
– Whereas from Season Two onwards, the story will be taking place in other dimensions.
– With the new chapter, Yuya and co. as a team must collaborate, focusing on winning Duels as their main objective.
– For the designs of the four Yu characters, Mr. Miyoshi first drew the design of Yuya. Following that is the other three (Yute, Hugo, Juri). Each character has two colors decided for their hairstyles: one main color that draws inspiration from the type of Summoning they expert at, whereas the other color complements it.
– However for Hugo, because a white hairstyle wouldn’t look good, white is used as the color for his D-Wheel and riding suit instead.
– At the beginning, Ono Kensho was thought to be voicing all four Yu’s. However, it was later decided that Ono would voice Yuya and Juri with polar personalities instead, whereas for Yute and Hugo they went with the Takagi twins with voices similar to Ono’s.
– To Reiji, Yuya is his object of study. Whereas to Yuya, Reiji is like a barrier to be overcome.
– The background of Hugo would be made clear from Episode 54.