Company’s Con Offerings Include an Exclusive Game Mat, Demos of New Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Features, and Tournament Competitions
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KONAMI) is proud to present attendees of this year’s New York Comic Con (NYCC) with a thrilling spread of experiences! Drop by to sample different aspects of the cultural phenomenon that is the Yu-Gi-Oh! brand, from convention-exclusive merchandise and video game demos, to friendly competition and cool prizes! Whether you’re a seasoned Dueling veteran, a fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga and animated series or just a curious newcomer, booth #1321 is the place to be all weekend long from October 3 to October 6.
The KONAMI booth is always a popular place for NYCC attendees with plenty to do for fans of the Yu-Gi-Oh! brand, and this year is no exception! Attendees will find a wealth of fun activities and attractions, including…
- Green Screen Photo Booth: Make your own personalized Yu-Gi-Oh! Token Card where you can choose from different card backgrounds and Dueling legends or the 2019 NYCC logo – suitable for use during Duels!
- Con Exclusive Game Mat: Take a trip to the retail counter to pick up the 2019 New York Comic Con Exclusive Game Mat! Available for $30 USD (including sales tax), this year’s Game Mat features signature monsters wielded by the biggest rivals from Yu-Gi-Oh!’s first three series: Kaiba’s Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Chazz’s Armed Dragon LV10, and Jack Atlas’ Red Dragon Archfiend!
- Retail: Duel fans looking to pick up some of the year’s biggest releases will find plenty of them at the KONAMI booth, with some of the latest and greatest Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG products available all weekend long. Recent hits like Structure Deck: Rokket Revolt, Fists of the Gadgets, Rising Rampage Special Edition, Legendary Duelists: Immortal Destiny, the 2019 Gold Sarcophagus Tin plus many more will be available for purchase, all while supplies last!
- Game Demos for New Players: Curious about Dueling? Attendees are invited to pull up a chair and learn how to play in a Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG or Yu-Gi-Oh! Speed Duel demonstration! Learn from one of our dedicated experts and you’ll get to score a show exclusive coupon good for a free gift with purchase, just for completing your demo!
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links: With over 90 million downloads, the blockbuster Yu-Gi-Oh! gaming app has become a worldwide phenomenon on iOS, Android and PC Steam. Show attendees will get to try out new gameplay from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions, a brand-new game world! And every participant gets a special Token to redeem for a chance at one of dozens of different Yu-Gi-Oh!-themed prizes!
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution: Visitors to the booth can experience the smash hit Yu-Gi-Oh! game for the Nintendo Switch™, featuring more than 9000 cards and countless moments from the animated series. All participants receive a special Token to redeem for one of many Yu-Gi-Oh!-themed prizes!
Attendees looking for some friendly competition can find public event tournaments right in the KONAMI booth! Drop by Thursday to Sunday for 2020 Regional Qualifiers, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!! tournaments (Friday & Saturday only), Speed Duel Starter and Constructed Deck tournaments, Duel Links tournaments, Win-A-Mat and Structure Deck tournaments, and even a chance to Duel the Master, where you can take on one of our Master Duelists for a chance to win exclusive tournament packs! Dragon Duel Tournaments for children born 2006 or later will take place on Saturday and Sunday. The best part? Entry is free for all NYCC attendees, so make sure to bring your best constructed Deck! Check out the FAQs for more information.
New York Comic Con Show Floor hours:
Thursday, October 3: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday, October 4: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 5: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 6: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Every Saturday and Sunday, Duelists can now watch a new episode of the latest Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series, Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS, on Teletoon in Canada – check local listings for times. Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS is available subtitled on Crunchyroll and will be simulcast with a new episode available one hour after it is broadcast in Japan, at 6:25AM EST (Simulcast currently available in the US and Latin America). Watch here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/yu-gi-oh-vrains!
In addition, all-new Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episodes every Tuesday as well as all of classic Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s can be seen on www.yugioh.com in the United States. In Canada, Duelists can watch episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V every Friday and Saturday on Teletoon! For more information on KONAMI or the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, please visit www.yugioh-card.com or call to speak directly with a Yu-Gi-Oh! customer support team member.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 25 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI’s software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 25 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiaries, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. in Windsor, the United Kingdom. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.