Five assorted new cards from Battle of Chaos!
BACH-JP030 Mad Hacker
Level 2 DARK Cyberse Effect Monster
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) If a monster(s) is Special Summoned to your opponent’s field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
(2) During the End Phase: You can banish this card from the field; take control of the monster your opponent controls with the lowest ATK (your choice, if tied). While that monster is face-up on your field, its effects cannot be activated, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Link Monsters.
BACH-JP031 Matatabi Senri (Catnip Li Hua)
Level 2 WIND Beast Effect Monster
You can only use this card name’s effect once per turn.
(1) You can Tribute this card, then target 1 Level 2 monster in your GY, except “Catnip Li Hua”; Special Summon it, then, you can Special Summon 1 Level 2 monster with a different Attribute than that monster from your hand.
Note: Li Hua takes its name from a recently established breed of domesticated cat in China.
BACH-JP063 Hakkinrei (Proscription)
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
(1) Declare 1 card name; for the rest of this turn, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects with the same original card name as the declared card name. For the rest of this Duel, you cannot activate cards or effects with the same original card name as the declared card name.
Note: We’re going with something close to Prohibition, so Proscription. We had wanted Forbidden since Forbidden List, but sadly, Forbidden belongs to a certain group of Quick-Play Spells.
BACH-JP079 Shishou Fuchi (Recklessness and Punishment)
Normal Trap Card
(1) If your LP is lower than your opponent’s: Activate 1 of these effects.
• Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls with ATK equal to or lower than the LP difference.
• Special Summon 1 monster from your GY with ATK equal to or lower than the LP difference.
Note: The card’s name is a play on an idiom for being extremely reckless, but part of it’s been replaced with “Punishment/Costs of One’s Actions”, so we’re aiming for something referencing “Crime and Punishment”.
BACH-JP080 Soumatou (End of the Line)
Normal Trap Card
(1) If your LP is less than 100: Draw 2 cards. Then, if your LP is lower than 10, draw 2 cards.
Note: The name’s a play on a Revolving Lantern, so more literally it’d be Revolving Locomotive. It might also reference something referring to “Life flashing before your eyes” (soumatou no you ni), hence to the dramatic cost to draw. Last Stop or Last Call might work.